Collagen Induction Therapy - Micro Needling/Skin Needling
Also known as Micro Needling or Skin Needling – Fractional Mesotherapy is an advanced skin perfecting treatment that delivers the highest calibre collagen induction therapy to improve skin texture, smooth wrinkles and fine lines while softening scars. This unique process combines micro needling with Mesotherapy (the introduction of various vitamins and complex ingredients to the dermis).
Skin Needling is fast becoming the favourite new treatment of ladies and men alike who want to heal their skin from the inside out. The fast down time and minimal discomfort are far more preferred than traditional ‘roller’ needling treatments. Clients will only experience mild discomfort compared to other methods of skin needling.
- Collagen Induction Therapy for anti-ageing
- Increased topical product absorption
- Regulated pigmentation
- Reduced appearance of rosacea
- Reduced size of the appearance of pores
- Reduced size of the appearance of scar tissue
- Reduced appearance of stretch marks
- Increased growth of stronger and thicker hair
- Fast, safe and comfortable treatment
- Minimal downtime, speedy recovery
- Chemical free treatment for all skin types
HOW THE TREATMENT IS PERFORMED
Collagen Induction Therapy is a non-invasive treatment delivered via the Wireless Tri-M micro needling device. The device uses medical grade stainless steel needles that vertically pierce the skin, essentially working down to the dermis, leaving the outer layer of skin, the epidermis, intact. The electronic device uses a powerful motor allowing the needles to move quickly in and out of the skin. This creates micro channels in the skin, stimulating the body’s natural collagen production while also dramatically increasing the bio-availability of topical treatments and further enhancing their absorption.
How many treatments will I require?
For optimal results, a course of treatments is required, ranging from 4 – 8 depending on the area being targeted. Treatments are recommended to be performed at 4-6 week intervals. Upon consultation your therapist will discuss the appropriate number of treatments and the suitable frequency to deliver the best results.
Fractional Mesotherapy utilises the high quality and safe device, Wireless Tri-M to ensure a speedy recovery with minimal downtime. Immediately following in-salon treatments, the skin may appear temporarily reddened, similar to that of a mild to light sunburn. Whilst some clients have reported that the skin remains red and slightly swollen for 2-4 days, there will be no scabbing or lesions present. The use of a Needling Aftercare regime will assist with the healing and regenerate process following your treatment. This should include a hydrating serum to repair and a high factor SPF every day to protect.
What will happen after my treatment?
The immediate after-effects vary between individuals, any side effects are mostly mild to moderate. These may include:
- Erythema (redness of the skin, like a mild sunburn)
- Skin redness can vary from a few hours to 24 hours and rarely for 2-3 days. This settles as the skin heals.
- Skin dryness and mild shedding. It is normal to experience some skin dryness and a small amount of skin shedding for up to 5 days. At day 5, a gentle exfoliant may be used.
- Hyper-pigmentation. This is rare and temporary, resolving over the next few weeks. To help prevent hyper-pigmentation, avoid sunlight/UV exposure and use a SPF 30+ (or higher) for 2 weeks post treatment but we recommend a high factor SPF for daily use
- Cold Sores. If you have a history of herpes simplex you may experience an outbreak post treatment. Prior to the treatment, your doctor may prescribe medication to prevent this.
- Bruising may occur as a result of treatment
- Post treatment infection is a rare possibility
- Should this occur, contact the clinic for treatment.
How long before I see results?
After the initial healing period, your skin should appear smoother. However, new collagen will grow from about week six. Your skin will continue to improve over 6-12 months.
Who is the treatment NOT suitable for?
- Women who are Pregnant and Breastfeeding
- Clients on Blood thinners
- Those prone to Keloid scarring
- Those who suffer from Epilepsy
- Heart conditions (caution with topical anaesthetic)
- Blood disorders
- Those prone to Infectious diseases
- Clients with Active acne
- Open lesions
- Active herpes
- Those prone to Eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis
- Those with Autoimmune diseases